Saturday, December 4, 2010

At long last - the licence has arrived!

Yes, after eight-and-a-half weeks of waiting, my full driving licence has FINALLY arrived! Now I have a legal form of identification other than my passport! And, of course, I've been 18 for nearly a month, so I can get served! Not that it mattered on my 18th birthday party of course. I'm blaming Miles for this one. One word: Guinness. It's vile. In my defence, I did manage to drink the whole pint of it. Before subsequently bringing it back up into the toilet. Lovely...

On the bright side, I'm off to London next week for a couple of days for a college Law trip. (It's got some Economics students coming as well, but not many.) We're travelling up on the Sunday afternoon and evening, before arriving at the Travelodge (exotic, I know) near Tower Bridge and spending the evening in London doing, well, what we feel like doing. Then the following morning, we get a tour of the Houses of Parliament courtesy of Sarah Newton, the Conservative MP for Truro and Falmouth, before a Q&A session with some MPs. I wonder what 'interesting' questions I can throw in there somehow... Anyway, that afternoon, the Economics students are off to BBC Television Centre (I've been there already, but that's another story if I haven't already posted it!), while the Law students are crossing Parliament Square to visit the Supreme Court, the highest court in the UK. When we went last year, they'd only been set up for a couple of months, and it didn't exactly go to plan. This time, however, they've got proper tours set up, so it should go a lot better. Then it's back to the Travelodge and another evening free. I'm thinking a visit to Leicester Square is in order, and possibly a meal out, but I'm only paying for myself! And on the Tuesday morning, the Economics students are being carted off to the Bank of England, while us Law students are off to the country's - and possibly the world's - most famous criminal court. The Central Criminal Court. Or to everybody else, the Old Bailey. Built on the site of the infamous Newgate Prison, it has tried numerous infamous cases over the years. What cases will be happening when we're up there? I suppose only time will tell. Tuesday afternoon - Christmas shopping on Oxford Street! What to do on Oxford Street? What to buy? There's so much choice! It should be a good couple of days - and I get them off college. What a way to start the last week of term - in London! I'm really looking forward to it. Eight days and counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment